KOLIBREE WARRANTY & RETURN POLICY
DURATION OF WARRANTY
For its products, KOLIBREE grants a 12 months warranty period included in its product prices. During the warranty period, KOLIBREE (KOLIBREE), will repair or replace defective products returned to KOLIBREE’s warranty repair facility.
WARRANTY PROVIDES FOR PRODUCT REPAIR AND IS LIMITED TO:
- Repair, alignment and adjustment to original manufacturing specifications of any covered product(s) that malfunctions due to a manufacturing defect while being used within the operational and environmental parameters specified by KOLIBREE.
- Product updates, if applicable, as defined occasionally by KOLIBREE Engineering Change Notices, applied at KOLIBREE’s discretion.
- Standard warranty repair with a turnaround target of 10 business days from the date the product is received by KOLIBREE. Turnaround times are not a guarantee and are exclusive of shipping time. From time to time, specific products may be excluded from the 10-day warranty turnaround target.
IF A PRODUCT IS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY, KOLIBREE WILL:
- Replace the product with the same configuration or equivalent as directed by KOLIBREE.
- Inform the customer which serial number and model configuration KOLIBREE took out of service.
- Inform the customer of the serial number and model configuration KOLIBREE sent as a replacement.
Customer accepts full responsibility for its software and data, including the appropriate backup thereof. KOLIBREE may use new or refurbished parts at its discretion and will own all parts removed from repaired products. Repair or replacement of a product during the warranty period will not extend the original warranty term. KOLIBREE offers service and support programs that can be implemented to meet additional customers’ business requirements, available at a discount during the 2 months following the purchase of the products.
WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE, AMONG OTHER THINGS:
- Replacement of consumable parts or accessories, as defined by product, including but not limited to batteries, cables, carrying cases, paper, boxes etc.
- Service or repair due to normal wear and tear
- Non-remedial work, including but not limited to firmware or protocol upgrades, reprogramming, and product configuration
- Repair of non-covered products
- Repair of problems caused by physical damage, operator error, unauthorized alterations or attempted repair, direct lightning damage, or other natural or manmade disasters, including but not limited to:
- Excessive dirt or contamination affecting performance
- Spillage of liquids and other foreign substances on products
- Unapproved modification of products
- Disassembled products
- Defacement of manufacturing labels
- Scratched, contaminated and/or damaged components
- Loose or missing parts
- Broken, cracked, disfigured, scratched displays, windows, housings or triggers
- Broken or cracked plastic parts (internal or external)
- Torn gaskets, seals, o-rings or other flexible parts
- Damaged external cables
- Torn keypads
- Batteries with insufficient capacity affecting performance
- Use of abrasive cleaners or other unapproved cleaning materials
- Improper use of products
- Connection of products to an unapproved host device
- Connection of products to an unapproved power source
- Products that have been opened by unauthorized personnel
- Products that have been serviced by unauthorized personnel
- Charred or melted products and/or parts
- Products exposed to environments beyond specification
- Products exposed to natural disaster(s)
- Use of parts or accessories not approved or supplied by KOLIBREE
- Repairs necessitated due to the use of non-UL-certified or non-KOLIBREE-certified batteries or accessories
This Limited Warranty does not cover the cost of returning the Product to KOLIBREE; this is customers responsibility. No KOLIBREE reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. Implied Warranties. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, all implied warranties ( including warranties of merchantability and so on for a particular purpose) shall be limited in duration to the duration of this limited warranty.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, Kolibree shall not be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages resulting from any breach of express or implied warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory.
REPAIR SERVICES WARRANTY
The repair services provided are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials on the repaired component of the product for a period of 30 days from the shipment date of the repaired product, or until the end of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.
WARRANTY REQUEST OVERVIEW
For warranty service in the U.S. and EMEA, a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is required to initiate warranty repair.
To enter an RMA (repair request) through KOLIBREE’s Repair Center, please contact KOLIBREE’s customer support service (see contacts on email@example.com ).
If warranty service is required, KOLIBREE customer support will issue a Return Material Authorization number. Products must be shipped in the original or comparable packaging, shipping and insurance charges prepaid. KOLIBREE will ship the repaired or replacement product freight and insurance prepaid.
Please check carefully each product shipped back under RMA process, as an invoice will be issued for each No Default Found to cover workmanship and labour time spent to identify the faulty component.
KOLIBREE proposes additional warranty extensions that come on top of the product price. These extensions have to be ordered at the same time the product is purchased.
Please refer to KOLIBREE price list for warranty extension costs.
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase from KOLIBREE for any reason, you have 31 days from the date of purchase to request a full refund and you may return any product purchased on www.kolibree.com (“Product”).
To qualify for a refund, all the following conditions must be met:
- A RMA must be requested from our customer service team within 31 days of your purchase date. To request an RMA, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returned product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged).
- All accessories originally included with your purchase must be included with your return.
- The RMA number must be included along with your returned product.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Products ordered in November and December can be returned through January 31 of the following year (or 31 days – whichever is longer).
- Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (e.g., state, customs, VAT) are not refundable.
- You are responsible for and must prepay all shipping charges and you shall assume all risk of loss or damage to the Product while in transit to KOLIBREE.
- If you return Product to KOLIBREE without an RMA from KOLIBREE or without all parts included in the original package, KOLIBREE retains the right to either refuse delivery of such return or charge you a restocking fee of 15% of the original price of the product or the retail value of the missing accessories, whichever is higher.
- Refunds will be processed and paid within 4 weeks of KOLIBREE’s receipt of Product.
APPENDIX RMA CONTACT
Please send your products to the following RMA center according to your region. Make sure you have been given an RMA number prior to sending your products, either by support or via our web site. Please enclose the validated RMA form and mark the given RMA nbr on the box. Products without an RMA number will be sent back to sender.